In the Indian education system, we give more importance to the diploma as well as engineering. India has one of the largest numbers of engineers in the world. In India, there are many engineering colleges. Everyone wants to do a good job to get a high package salary job in the future. Making a good career in every field to get a good job with a high package salary is important to every student.
Benefits of doing a diploma in electrical engineering:
- Diploma courses are usually more technical, and detailed.
- There is a less theoretical part of the diploma course.
- A diploma course saves your time, effort, and money because you can do a diploma after the 10th.
- It is a flexible course
- If you choose to do a diploma you will get more time to do different courses because a diploma saves your time.
- The diploma also makes your job ready faster.
- A diploma qualification can give you a high return on investment.
- Diploma also provides you with a deeper knowledge of a particular area of the topic.
- Diplomas teach you to communicate well with your colleagues, analyze problems that may be complex, and use your best judgment to make decisions.
How much salary will you get after Diploma completion?
Approximately you will get a salary between 15,000-20,000.
Career opportunities after diploma:
- Most who complete polytechnic, especially those from engineering domains, are to take up B. Tech or B.E. So, these two are the best options as per good salary expectations.
- AIME Certification: This is one of the options for Diploma holders from an engineering background is to take up the AIME Certification Course to make a good career.
- After Diploma you can also do graduation in different domains.
- You can also do different certification courses to get a good salary job. These certificates may add value to your career growth.
Different specializations of diploma in electrical engineering:
- Signal processing
Which job profiles/opportunities you will get after completion of a diploma in electrical engineering?
- Chief Engineer post
- Workshop Manager post
- Operations Manager post
- Engineering Technologist post
- Development and Test Engineer post
- Electrical Product Design Engineer post
- Project Manager post
- You can work as a consultant
- Project Head post
Types of jobs you may get after Diploma completion:
- Government jobs: Many government companies hire diploma holders by giving good salary packages.
2. Private sector jobs: You can also get private-sector jobs after a diploma.
3. Self-employment: You can also start your own business with your skills and knowledge.
Here are some top recruiters who required electrical diploma holders
- The top recruiters in the government sector include the NEEPCO, SAIL, BHEL, and NTPC.
- In the private sector, the most prominent recruiters would include Jindal Steel and Power Limited, Hindustan Motors, OMEGA elevators, L&T Construction.
Here are some top job opportunities:
- Power Grid Corporation of India Ltd
- Jindal Steel & Power Limited
- Tata Steel & Power Limited
- State Electricity Board
- TRF Ltd
- Hindustan Motor
- Tata Metaliks
- Tata Motors
- ALSTOM India Power project
- Bhushan Steel
- Durgapur steel plant
- OMEGA Elevator
- CONE Elevator
- Everest Industry
- ZENITH Construction etc
- L&T Construction and STEEL
- Jay Balaji Steel
You can also get job opportunities in foreign countries. The western world gives opportunities to electrical engineers. They provide opportunities like workshop-skilled labor, operations manager, and engineering technologists which will add five stars in your career growth.
Top five careers after diploma in electrical engineering:
- Principal electrical engineer: A principal electrical engineer serves as a project manager for electrical-related building or construction projects. In this role, your job duties may include designing electrical devices, ensuring proper installation, inspecting completed electrical work, and providing work estimates. These are good opportunities for you if you complete a diploma in electrical engineering.
- Electrical distribution designer: The primary responsibilities of electrical distribution engineers involve the design and maintenance of electrical distribution systems. They also need to interface with vendors, utility companies, consultants, and external contractors to oversee installations and equipment maintenance.
- Aerospace electrical engineer: After completion of diploma electrical engineering you can also work in the aerospace industry.You can get involved in many diverse activities like designing the interface that transfers electricity from the engine to the aircraft to designing and operating board-computers, guidance systems, communication systems and networks, radar and ground stations.This job have high demand with good package of the salary.
- Electrical control engineer: Electrical control engineers need to design, develop, and supervise all aspects of electrical control systems, equipment, and machinery. They are also responsible for the installation and technical support of PLC based hardware and software.
- Electrical project engineer: They have to design, develop, and control the electrical systems used in a particular project.You can also work in the various industries and should demonstrate a sound understanding of all the project’s electrical requirements.
Top countries who offers high salary based jobs for electrical diploma holders:
- Canada: Average salary is b $115000
- South Korea: Average Salary is $102,000
- United states: Average salary is $100,000
- Switzerland: Average Salary is $100,000
- Australia: Average Salary is $96,000
- Japan: Average salary is $84,000
- Germany: Average salary is $81,000
- Norway: Average salary is $ 80,000
- Belgium: Average salary is $ 80,000
Is it worth it to complete the certification courses?
Students can also do different types of courses which are expected by the industry.The certification courses help to boost practical based knowledge level.Different type of knowledge helps to stand different from the crowd.
What are the different certification courses for electrical diploma engineering students?
- Electrical Engineering Courses (Coursera)
- Training in Electrical Engineering (360 Training)
- Top Electrical Engineering Courses (Udemy)
- Electrical Engineering Courses (edX)
- Online Electrical Training Courses (TPC Training)
- Online Electrician Training (Penn Foster)
- Online electrician training courses
What can I study after my diploma in electrical engineering?
You can go for the masters degree.Here are some courses that you can do.
Higher Study Options after Electrical Engineering (Diploma) (In India)
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Engineering + Master of Business Administration (Electrical and Electronics Engineering)
- Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology (Electrical Engineering) + Master of Technology (Power Electronics)
- Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Communication Engineering
- Bachelor of Technology + Master of Technology (Electrical Engineering)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Electrical Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Electrical Design Engineering
- Post Graduate Diploma in Electrical Engineering Management
- Higher Study Options after Electrical Engineering (Diploma) (Abroad)
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology with Concentration in Electronics
- Bachelor of Science in Systems Engineering – Electrical Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Management – Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering (EE) – Communication Systems and Signal Processing
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics – Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Technology – Computer Engineering Technology
- Bachelor of Science in Computer and Information Science – Electrical and Computer Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Renewable Electric Energy Systems
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Antennas and Microwaves
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Integrated Circuits
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electromechanical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Controls and Robotics
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Communications Systems and Networks
- Bachelor of Engineering in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Construction Engineering – Electrical Construction
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics and Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering – Control System and Digital Signal Processing
- Bachelor of Arts in Electrical Engineering
Your interest area helps you to choose the perfect career option. So, according to your skills, abilities choose the perfect path. There are so many career options after an electrical diploma in engineering.